Chamber music is often called the “music of friends.” Originally chamber music was composed with the intended performances to take place in a small, intimate setting, very often in private homes, although today it is often performed in concert halls as well. Many musicians enjoy the opportunity to spend time playing in an ensemble in a casual setting, whether or not the end goal is a public performance.
At ISS we have been growing a chamber music program for our students middle school age and beyond. We hope that students will benefit from the special musical and social skills required to enjoy chamber music throughout their time with us and into their adult lives.
2019-20 Saturday Chamber Music Class
- for middle school students and up (or advanced younger students with teacher recommendation)
- Fall Semester meets Saturdays from 9:30-10:30 10/12, 10/19, 10/26, 11/2, 11/9, 11/16, 11/23, 12/7, 12/14 with an evening performance
- Performance is on 12/14 combined with the group lesson students' outreach concert (details TBA)
- fee is $120 per student payable to Issaquah Suzuki Strings at the first class
- our teaching team will assign you to a group and provide music!